Saturday, August 15, 2026

THE WRAP UP-- MONSTERAMA!

 


I'm a bit late getting this one posted, but I was a guest at Monsterama con in Atlanta last weekend, August 7 - 9th. This is one of my favorite smaller cons I do each year. The guests, staff, and attendees are all having a great time and there's a laid back atmosphere. I love it.

Monsterama's primary focus is on classic horror, but there's a little something for everything. The theme this year was on the works of Richard Matheson (Kolchak The Night Stalker, among others) and his daughter, Ali, and granddaughter, Mariel, were in attendance. I had a nice chat with them over how much fun I had writing Kolchak. The other theme celebrated the 60th anniversary of Dark Shadows, with actors Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans) and James Storm (Gerard Styles) in attendance.

I was on three panels that covered Spider-Man villains, alien invasions in comic books (both with Mike Gordon and Tony Bowers), and writing media tie-in and licensed properties (with Nancy Collins). The panels were great fun.

The guest list was impressive and also included French Stewart (Stargate, 3rd Rock From The Sun), Clayton Landry (Stargate: Atlantis, The Blob), Mark Maddox (winner of many Rondo awards for his art), Sam Irvin, E. Roger Mitchell, Tim Bradstreet, Hannah Fierman, Penny Dreadful, Christofer Cooke, Shane Morton, Madeline Brumby, and more. Lots of cool people to talk to over the weekend.

I had a table set up and sold some books and art over the weekend, which is always nice. A fun weekend.

Videos from the weekend have been posted HERE.

Next years show is scheduled for August 6 - 8, 2027.

I hope to see you there.

Bobby









No comments:

Post a Comment

JOIN BOBBY ON SUCSTACK